Saturday, October 17, 2009

Miss Chili – The Tongue-teaser

I am Miss Chili. I can reduce saltlessness to some extent. My specialty is, I provide
taste to your food without causing any harm to you. My other friends spoil your
body, but not me! You know my other specialty? Only I can tease the tongue, which
teases everybody! So people call me a tongue – teaser!
People treat me as a villain carried away by my color and taste. I can’t understand
why they are so scared of poor me! I look frightening but in fact I am so lovable! I
make fun of only Mr. Tongue but I don’t hate anybody. People think I cause ‘Ulcers’
in the stomach and so blame me unnecessarily! I am in a way responsible for that!
You do get ulcers due to the tea, coffee you drink, the fats you eat and the anger
and tension you undergo, but definitely not because of me. I may cause a little
inconvenience to you during ulcer, but I am not the cause of ulcer.
Let me reveal one secret about me! If you use more of me, I make you jump about
while eating and even while shitting. So don’t take me for granted. No offence, no
defense! If you irritate me, I irritate you! But that’s all! I am far better than the
other tastes you enjoy! I don’t remain in your internal parts like salt, oil and sugar
and I don’t harm you.

I was given due respect in the olden days but nowadays people are passing the buck
on me! Come what may they are blaming me and are doing away with me. They are
boasting themselves that they are eating without me. They are showing undue
respect to salt, oil ghee, sugar and spices thereby causing harm to their internal
parts! They in turn they have to be treated in hospitals.
I have a twin sister- Red chili. The more she is dried, the hotter she becomes. Those
who eat salt less food can eat me-the green chili to some extent. Red chili has to go
with salt and tamarind.
We are born to die! Of course, we shouldn’t be scared of death which is inevitable.
We are sent to the world with a life purpose. We should be grateful to God for
creating us on this earth, for providing us the natural sources of air, water and
sunlight to lead our life. We can reciprocate our love and gratitude to him by
providing a fellow being joy and happiness in our limited way! My life purpose is
fulfilled since as a chili. I am able to provide you happiness and taste. I have done
my duty properly. My last moments in your hands only fill me with pleasure. So I,
Miss Chili, am happily going towards my deathbed, the knife! Every drop of my chili
blood is spent in serving you people! Good-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment